- Low Profile - Only 2.0" high, including base.
- Simple and reliable device addressing method.
- Very low current consumption using the unique "Low Power Mode".
- Built-in optical fire test feature.
- Uses the noise immune Digital Communication
- Protocol (DCP), which utilizes interrupts for fast response to fires.
- Adjustable threshold temperature 134°F - 149°F (determined by panel)
The HOCHIKI America ATG-EA Sensor provides accurate temperature measurement data to the fire alarm control panel. This sensor is particularly suited to environments where smoke detectors are
unsuitable because of the precense of system or cooking fumes such as in a kitchen.
The ATG-EA Heat sensor incorporates a highly linear thermistor circuit, with the thermistor mounted externally. The specially designed cover protects the thermistor while allowing maximum air flow. The thermistor circuit produces a voltage proportional to temperature which is scaled, and transmitted as a digitally encoded value to the control panel. When
the ambient temperature exceeds a pre-programmed threshold (fixed temperature), the sensor transmits an interrupt to the control panel indicating a fire alarm. The fire alarm control panel can adjust the sensor
threshold for different Standard's requirements. The rate of rise function is calculated within the fire alarm control panel, which can also initiate a fire test which functionally tests the sensor.
Up to 127 devices are permitted on each loop. A sensor address can be set by a hand-held programming unit. The sensor mounts to an
electronics free base and incorporates a locking mechanism for secure installation. The Base provides mounting slots, terminals for field wiring and sea third contact for a remote indicator/LED. The sensor incorporates dual LEDs for easy viewing of sensor status.